so I know you guys are lost without me and just don't even know what to do so FEAR NOT - I have finally created a blog after your numerous requests. So you can stop now okay?! Geez. haha.

Here's the campus:
Aaaaalllrighty then so obviously I'm up in Idaho..
its not too cold for me, contrary to what most thought. The only times its really bad is when its below 5. I had my first negative day last week; it was -9 and my face was burning off. Very exciting. The snow here sucks - totally and completely non-packable. I'll get pics up of my activities next time but for now I'm just going to show you my awesome apartment.

I'm living in Nauvoo Off-Campus Housing, in
Apartment 107 (I made the sign for our door). If you want to see a bigger version of it just email me & I'll send it to ya. My roomies loved it.

And here's our front lawn:

Inga's car is the one with the heart on it. If we're really kind (or have bribes) we can get rides to Idaho Falls or to a class when we woke up too late and have 8 minute to get there (thats only happened twice) haha. We like to draw on her car, although most of the time when we do, we don't have gloves on and end up ruining our hands. I wonder if they'll ever recover from being up here??

Here's our large kitchen - All of our apartment is really roomy - much better than typical dorms/apartments. It's one of the reasons I chose this one. We're gonna add more to the walls soon, like a collage or something. I'm not sure. Notice the flour/sugar we used for decoration?? haha we thought it looked empty so thats how we decided to fix it. I've cooked a handful of things since getting up here. You should be proud mom. Not just for that reason but also cuz I'm one of the only ones that actually cleans my dish right after I use it and put it away. "WHAT? YOU DO THAT NOW?!?!!" -- thats right! but I honestly will probably go back to the way it was before when I come home haha :) I've made beggar's stew 3 times thus far (once for me and Alexis). My roommates think its delicious - I don't know what you people are talking about back there. I've also tried to do banana bread (we didnt have any loaf pans, so we made it like a cake), but it was more like cornbread with a slight banana flavor. Roomies loved it but I hate cornbread tasting-ish stuff. I dont like how I can't make things the same way even with the same freaking directions. I did, however, make the best mashed potatoes the other day.. I was extremely proud and made all the roomies try it. Mmmm.....

To the right is our fabulously decorated living room.. haha. We just recently went out and got the rug/pics/clock to add something to the room. The guitar is Myra's, she's taking guitar I. We have cable (haha thats right, bros!) and thats always exciting, but the girls brought a bunch of dvds too. (Speaking of, Dad can you send me some more?! ahh!) but yeah. So thats our living room..

Now we go to the back, past the "Chastity Line:"
(I think the stoplight is a nice touch, no?) haha.
At the end of the hall to the left is our bathroom:

And here's me taking a pic just for yall in the mirror:

Oooooohhhhh Ahhhhhhhh....
Also at the end of the hall is my and Alexis's room. At it's entrance is our white board. This is where we leave spiritual and loving messages:

She actually meant to put "Champ"..
We have the only room with a lock (muhaha) so that way we can keep out our other roommates when we don't want to be irritated. See how clean my side is?? Everything is folded or hung up neatly and comfortably. I am just so responsible and amazing.




And those were views of my side - I won for best room decor (of course!). I'm very comfortable in there - I love my bed (except for that its not my usual sized :/ )

On my walls I have two shelves mom helped put up when she came. It turns out that Alexis liked it so much that we went out and bought the same kind for her side and I hung those.
I've got some pics up.. some oh-so-college student lunchboxes - that I have used once so far. I'm freaked that they may get mad about my different lights cuz youre not sposed to have 'decorative lights' although I assume those would be Christmas-type lights on strings.

Now lets get a close-up on that Buddha... :
he he he

And next is my desk area.
This is where magic happens.

.... and by magic, I mean freakishly awesome Solitaire scores.
My highest score is 730 and my longest winning streak is 11.

Here's my half of the closet. It has clothes in it. wowwwww.
OK roomies:
I have 5 of them. If you want the behind the scenes scoop on em, just email me - too much to bother writing out now - & I'll hook you up. haha. Out of the 5, 3 are from California, one is from Utah and the final is from Canada. Only 2
out of our apartment aren't freshman. Here is the first:Krisjana Howard

She's from California, although I'm not sure exactly where. A sophomore on the Fall/Spring track, her major is child development. She likes to go out and meet new people. Her brother used to go here but is on a different track.
She's rooming with freshman Myra Kjer Lindstrom:
(middle name pronounced like cher) This quirky chick hails from Glendora, California. She's on the same track as me and she is majoring in photography. She used to go to Disney Land for lunch, as she had season passes. Can you picture just chillin at Disney Land? I would die it would be so amazing.

Next we have Kala Martinelli. She's our resident senior, from Ontario, Canada. She'll be leaving us in April, as she's on the Fall/Spring track. I'm not exactly sure what she's majored in.. she's kind of quiet. She's also the reason we kind of have a 7th roommate - Mike, her boyfriend. He's a pretty cool guy so we don't mind when he chills with us.
We now come to the final two. These girls, and myself, are the Funky Fresh Trio. Be jealous.

Inga Baker. She's from one of the Jordans in Utah (west, south blah blah I don't understand up here). She's the only one with a car, at this point in time (Alexis will have one next semester). I'm also not sure what she's majoring in, but I'm sure it will be something pretty good. Inga reminds me a lot of Madeline. So (unfortunately, sometimes) its like Madeline is never away. Geez.. SO irritating. haha I'm messing, Madeline, stop getting all upset. But they do look a lot alike, if you can't tell from the picture you would have to see her in person cuz its just crazy. Mad looks more like Inga than she does me. They have crazy similarities in character, taste, unusualness, and quirks as well.
Finally - the best of the best - Alexis Villanueva.

She is from Bakersfield, California, also majoring in child development. She's also a freshman and is on the same track. This poor unfortunate soul has to room with me. We already have so many inside jokes you just don't even know. I like to freak her out too. Like, for instance, she didn't know I could bark, and then one night we were tryin to get to sleep and I just did it right then and there. it was hilarious. I do little things like this all the time; it's so easy to freak her out. It's always fun in our room. Usually the other roomies come in there to hang out - when we don't have the door locked of course. We like to just chill with our inside jokes and not be bothered. One funny thing is that one time I really wanted to go to bed.. and I had the door locked. Alexis knocked to come in and when I opened the door, she came in, followed by Inga and Myra. They were going to stay in there n chill for at least an hour, and I was just not going to let that happen. Although they forced their way in past when I could slam the door, I took one with each arm and within about 20 seconds - even though they were both fighting me - I hurled em out of the room. Alexis was all "Freaking Mighty Mouse over here...." It was great. Since then Alexis is freaked cuz she thinks if she ever does anything to anger me that I will beat her up. I would totally win in a fight but I don't really see that happening. We're too chill. Alexis n I are alike in many ways, and yet different in a lot of ways too. Lets just call us strange and leave it at that.
We've decided that the reason they put us all together is because at least one part of our names is weird/unusual:
KRISJANA howard
myra KJER LINDSTROM
kala MARTINELLI
INGA baker
alexis VILLANUEVA
courtney RIPPSTEIN
Alright well that's about it for now. I have to write a paper on obesity, take a biology quiz, & attempt my math homework (my math teacher is horrible.. but we'll get into all that another day).
PREVIEW OF NEXT TIME:
Utah trip and Todd & Tess's (TNT) wedding. Stay tuned...
4 comments:
COURTNEY!!! I can't wait to hear your next entry!
Love ya,
Madeline
Court--
It's about time you got this started--now I can give the site to everyone who's asking about you & what I hear from you....
Love the sign on the door--
Take care & have fun & keep us up to date--
Mom
POST MORE!!!
Hope you don't mind your mom gave me your site! It's so cool to have you there. I don't know how you can stand the cold.
Take care and look forward to reading more, if that's ok -
Leah arrignton
Post a Comment