
OK!
so lets update yall on the rest of the semester, shall we? First off - Dan's birthday!! haha we had them cut the cake in a special way ;)

Dan and Inga are so cute! They've been over a lot - and Dan's actually taking me to Utah this weekend to visit my grandparents, then I spend the rest of the week with Dinga to plan the wedding, take pictures and all that jazz. Dan came over not too too long ago and I taught him a few swing dances that they worked on haha.

Dinga Relationstrip:



Alexis & I went with Dinga a few weeks ago to visit family, begin wedding preparation.....

.... and most importantly - to pick out The Dress!
Inga's model family (Inga, Rochelle, Mama Baker, Melissa):

Rochelle is entered in a Mrs.USA competition, or something to that effect, and so she showed us one of her chosen pageant dresses. To think, she's had like 4 kids already

Melissa with one of Rochelle's bebes, who does not look pleased hahah:

SURPRISE!! I'm actually getting married!!:

hahahah i kid, i kid. You can stop with the heart attack now Mum. Alexis & I decided to dress up too, just to see what the fuss was all about:

So, I'm unable to post The Dress on here, but these are just a few of the rejects:



Inga's main dress's colors aren't acceptable in the temple so she did get a temple dress. It's flowy!:

Lex & I are actually tied for maid of honor by the way! I love having joint responsibility for that position!

So we had this joke with Inga, we were like, "no WAY are we wearing yellow dresses!! If you pick yellow as one of your wedding colors we aren't coming!!"
hahah. So we decided that just for a little fun, we would try on some sunny brite dresses.
sha-BAM:

It was a fun weekend!



So then on the way home, we decided to stop by the Bountiful Temple

LOOK!! their shadow has a heart in it!!


Inga originally wanted to marry in the Salt Lake Temple, however it will be closed. So they decided on the Bountiful Temple instead; Inga had never been there. When we did come, I pointed out a few things and they looked around and both Inga and Dan were more relaxed and excited to marry there - they loved it! One of their favorites was the beautiful view over the city.



So out of Dinga news, we had a new edition to our home! GUNTHER!:

Our poor cart fellow - he was just shivering out in the cold & snow outside our door with no place to go, so we brought him in and gave him shelter from the elements. We fed him soup and everything - since then he really hasn't wanted to leave.

I even took naps with Gunther!:


MOVING ON - my sister came to visit!! Definitely a semester highlight.

And she brought with her the first of many 2009 gorgeous skies:


We had an Irish party!

I cooked my yummy apple salad, corned beef & cabbage, Luck o' the Irish chicken & dumplings, punch, caramel corn, brought a keg of 'homemade' root beer, and Madeline made green rice krispies! Others brought other yummyness:

My dear friend Jacob - HE LOOKS LIKE A LEPRECHAUN!! :D


I think madelines started to get sick of taking pictures after awhile

one of our super fun activites was..... STUDYING! YAYY! :D

'Course we still had fun with it:

& Inga stopped by to distract us! It was fun having Inga & Madeline together because they are very similar, well to me at least.


I didn't take this picture, but Madeline & I also went to the temple together. I haven't been to the temple with her since Young Women's and she'd never been to a walk-in before so it was pretty cool all in all.

With some of my old roomies, we went to Wingers - one of my favorites here! - and got some deliciousness! Even though they were slow bringing out Madeline's stuff, they're still #1 in my book for Rexburg


We all just happened to show up in pink! Completely on accident! My mom must be so happy; that's her favorite color hahah:

We did a lot of other stuff, including classes. Madeline said she enjoyed some of them, but i don't know if she was just being nice hahahaha. All in all a very fun week, even if it was jam-packed of stuff to do.
And then I was alone again :/

then about 2 weekends ago, we went to Jacob (the leprechaun from my Irish party!) and Tracey's wedding in Logan!:


I did Nelson's hair for the reception - breathtakingly beautiful, no?

I also caught the bouquet... but don't worry I'm not getting married for at least 4 years.

We saved the reception by bringing some Mountain Dew! Mmmmmmm....
definitely the choice drink of our group


So then I went to go surprise Ali & Jake but sadly they were away that weekend. Darn!
In between the wedding and reception we decided to go to Ryan's Place Park! Which as i've mentioned before is the coolest park I've ever been to.
This is the group I hang out with most (btw mom, Nelson is Talmage's brother); we usually go to David & Livy's to play games. I'm going to be sad when they are on track next semester so they can't play games as much due to homework :(
From right: Olivia (Livy), David, Nelson and then ME


We really had some fun!

The park brought out the child in everyone (well... more than usual ;] )


David had a cold so he was kind of miserable ahaha:

The Dragon's Breath Slide:

Slide of Death for Nelson hahahahaha:


For April Fools, we kidnapped our neighbor's bear and sent a ransom picture. It says "Alyssa, help me I've been kidnapped - Bear":

And pretty much since then it has been temperamental, hormonal, bipolar weather, which madeline can attest to. There was one freak blizzard about a week or so ago. I don't think Charlissa appreciated it:

so just the semester wrap up now. All my projects got done and turned in - IN TIME - and I've taken 3 finals with one to go, later on today. Then the break. And what a relief that will be..... mmm..

1 comment:
Thanks for letting me come to Idaho to visit! I had a blast. After seeing those pictures, I miss you even more! Love you!
Post a Comment