
So.. I realized today that next april I will have spent almost a year and a half primarily away from my family straight.
Sure I spend time with Utah relatives now, but not with my Tejas clan! The only time I'll get to see them is if and when they come to visit me at Disney World in the fall. I will only see my immediate family 10 days out of this whole year, minus the Disney trip. And luckily I had madeline visit me this past spring, because she won't be able to make it down for that trip even. However I will have the opportunity to see her next spring when i'm back at school.
This is my plan for the next few years:
Idaho - School - till July 23
Utah - Family & Inga's house - till August 8
HOME IN TEXAS!! - till August 17
Florida - Disney World - till January 3
Idaho - School - till April 10-ish ------------------------- Hopefully receive a mission call!
Utah - Family - April 24 ish
TEXAS - Work/family - till late June/July 1st
Wherever I'm called for a year and a half!!
And we'll see after that. But it will include returning to Idaho again hahaha. Wow. That's like.. a total of seeing my family 3 months out of 3ish years!! Mom.. you miss me yet? And to think many Houstonians I know still live with their parents and are now just starting to think about going to college! Dang.
Top Recent Discoveries of this Semester
(And yes, I do recognize that more than one of them do involve food. Mmmmm..)
1. I LOVE eating toast with raspberry/strawberry cream cheese spread on top
2. I can live on $10 per week... unfortunately this was a late discovery when I finally did sit down to budget and decide on that amount. Life is difficult! hahah. But I know everything will come together in time...
3. That I'm in over my head. BUT my life could be so much worse, if certain things had not come into line, both regarding my actions and that of the previous generations.
4. I have allergies. Arg~! I didn't have them before! They're so freaking annoying! Though I spose I am lucky I haven't had to suffer it until now haha. I really hate getting older because nothing works the same. I mean, heck, even my hair completely had a meltdown! - though I've accepted that it will never be the way it was again and will always be naturally fugly hahaha - I'm starting to feel those effects now, so now I'm really starting to sympathize with people older than me, cuz this is only the beginning! I don't think I'm going to age too gracefully hahaha
5. The best way to roast a mallow is above my stove. I can get it PERFECT! in less time! And what also is really good is letting it cool a bit while you roast other marshmallows, and after its not hot anymore and you bite into it, its soooo gooey and delicious. Doesn't get any better than that.
6. I'm really into family history and where I come from. I found out that my great grandpa's family loved to travel and he actually lived in Saudi Arabia for like 30 years or something as the cartographer working with the King! So cool!
7. I seriously believe I have A.D.D. and it worries me. For example, when I am doing any form of work, if something else enters my mind - another task, food, fixing something - I will not be able to focus until I satisfy that task. It's gotten pretty bad. It's like I'm in the midst of something and an object just keeps on prodding me on the side of my eye or something until it's taken care of. I don't know what to do about it but muscling past doesn't seem to work. And nothing works but taking the time to do that other stuff (which usually isn't even near the importance level of the other stuff). It's so frustrating :(
8. I adore fruit. I honestly could be a fruitatarian. But have no money for it. Which is my own fault.
9. I am proud of myself and my achievements. I can do some pretty decent work when we get down to it (past the A.D.D.). When I step back and look at the things I have done and the things I can do, I am actually pretty proud. Like that "outstanding job" + extra credit points I got on my Org Comm Case study that no one else got. Outstanding indeed.
10. How much I am grateful to our Savior and thankful that he's my best friend, and that he's extremely forgiving if we just push through and strive to do better!
2 comments:
You are so adorable--have I mentioned lately how much I love--and MISS--you?
I'm going to Disney World.
Post a Comment