Well.. I am truly ashamed hahah. I am now updating since the end of last semester. Paaaathetic.Oh well, that's how I roll I guesss. Ok so.. we'll start from what I remember first. I went to a Melaleuca picnic with my friends Dave/Livy, and Nelson. They work there and everything was free. We could just walk up to a stand, get a burger/cotton candy/sno cone/etc etc and walk away. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! No money! I totally gorged myself it was amazing. More things in life should be like that picnic.
Btw, I got a sicknasty tanline that you may see in the remainder of the pictures from this picnic. Well, in this pic you see it as a burn (first time to see sun in how long??) haha but it turned into a tan pretty swiftly. See the gloriousness of that nasty straight sleeve line? Yuck. lol. That was only from like.. 3 hours. And its only defined on that one side. Definitely attractive.
Did I mention I loved my roommates this past semester? They were HILARIOUSLY awesome, especially my girl Erica. We're gonna live together next semester :) This photo shoot started out taking pictures of my odd outfit - Church clothes but i'd only changed out of the skirt into my pjs. Erica couldn't stop cracking up; I think I looked awesome

Our "Come Hither" looks haha
Alysha! My room roommate. This girl is strong and nice and I love her. She was ALWAYS smiling!


*Right after this picture, I fell on Erica hahah. Nothing permanently damaged, but it was just a stupid situation on both parts - by this time we'd all gotten so night crazy because we were giddy and it was just that hour where everything is funny and dumbSteph&E:

My poor pants........


After the semester ended, Nelson decided to shave his head. But on the road there, he got a mohawk. He is so weird hahahah love him



The Sarahs! My neighbors, on departure day


Okay so first destination was Jake & Ali's. I loved visiting, especially the kiddos. We sat up before bedtime and made up stories together. It was funny cuz Will always wanted to destroy the hero. So we would all be making up this story, and then Will would come in with something like "..then 'Booty' the godzilla ripped Hercules to pieces!" Funny, imaginative kid. Me & Elli went to the park; she ditched me when there were tons of other kids and she and her little crush here chased eachother around the entire playground. It was funny watching those buds blossom hahahaha Elli says it was nothing like that and she didn't like him, but he was soooooooooo lovin her :D
Pioneer Day sparklers!
The monsters advancing on me!:
In our fort, that we all built up together
Got henna when I was with Ali and the kids at a Farmers' market. In this pic, you can see one of my toes is beginning to swell up - I stepped on a yellow jacket after I'd come over to Grandma and Grandpa's home :( My trip with them was excellent, I loved staying over there. Good times, great food (especially the delicious corn, Grandpa!), and excellent company. Unfortunately I was stuck with a computer project that HAD to get done, so I was holed up trying to get it finished most of the time. Ugh. Luckily that is done now - btw it turned out great!
Zoe:
Everyone was getting injured on this trip; Cole got swarmed by yellow jackets from a previously hidden nest, and he also stepped on glass. Ty bonked his head a few times
HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH
Ty taking out his anger on Cole:


This kid was crazy with his corn - he ate almost through the whole thing. Mommy had to keep on turning the corn so he would get new kernels

Superman:
"I feel brother!" According to Tiger, baby brothers' name is Brody; they have no idea how he came up with that name. He also would put his eyes right onto Mindy's tummy and say "I see brother!!" :)
Lots of love
Cole is keeping his sno cone from the dogs
Ty had kind of a different approach; he surrendered it to the dogs hahaha
Now for the best part of this blog - DINGA WEDDING!!!!!! :D
The anticipated day finally came! well, first we had another bridal shower (I threw the first one)

Eva Bella! She is SO cute! And she grew soooo much since last I'd seen her
The world is currently ending:
Then was getting ready for the big day - lots of decor, shopping, entertaining visiting family and the such. The big couple were gone a lot. I mostly worked on that same computer project, and talked to family. Nolan - Inga's younger brother - had me draw a fake tattoo on him, didn't it turn out great? He wore it to soccer the next day and everyone thought it was awesome
Right before the big day, Dan's step siblings (Alejandro, Cristina) and half brother (the youngest one, Diego or "J-Go") showed up. Cristina was so easy to get along with, I really enjoyed her.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
we come to the big event.
The wedding. Of Dan and Inga. Dinga. Finally hitched.
SO exciting! I was happy the whole day - well except I broke down once at the luncheon, but that was after the speeches by everyone (we went around the room and introduced ourselves and gave special memories and toasts about the couple). So it wasn't too embarrassing.
Melissa (Inga's sister) & daughters Cambria & Justine
Tammy (dan's mom) & Stephanie (inga's mom). These ladies provide me with my second and third families.. I have a place in Yuma, Arizona should I ever need it with all of Dan's family actually. I really liked them; Tammy and I got along pretty well. & Stephanie, as usual, was amazing, though a bit stressed. I just wish I hadn't been working on that comp thing so I could have helped more than I did. But they said that what we all did was more than enough. ohh well
Chad the photographer & me!
Nolan and I are engaged by the way hahha. Inga's family decided since we were the only single ones, we were going to get married. So the plan is, we're to be married in 6 years, when he gets off his mission (oh, yea, did I mention he's 16 right now? like, a year older than Ryan? haha.. yeaaaaa....) Funny.
Anticipation
He DIP-KISSED HER!!!!!!!! What a stud
Gracie (inga's niece)
Inga's family
Inga's immediate family (From left - Vanessa, Ryan, Momma Baker, Nolan, Dan, Inga, Steven, Poppa Baker, Melissa, Rachelle):
Dan's family - okay this is complicated. On the right is Dan's father David, and his wife Lisa. To the left of them is Alyssa, Dan's sister (daughter of David and previous wife, Tammy, to Dan's left), then Dan's step siblings Alejandro and Cristina are Henry's children (Tammy's husband, Dan's step father), and then there is Diego, Dan's half brother
Ethan & Evan:
Gorgeous bridesmaid Alexis!!:
Inga & nieces. Gracie, Kate, Eva Bella, Cambria, Justine
FUNKY FRESH TRIO!!!

Justine & Kate!


Look at that face! Jake is the cutest little boy ever. His voice, his facial expressions, the things he says, the fact that he's a total momma's boy - but not enough to be irritating - perfect. SO cute

78 Rolls Royce to ride around in - this couple gets some sweeeeeet treatment


Some of her bridals, etc done by Chad the photographer:

Inga Fam again
Dan Fam
(Daddy was required in the picture):
Inga siblings:
Dan siblings (side: I love that Inga is sticking out her tongue at being in their family hahahaha! just kidding, but thats what it looks like haha):
Me & Cristina!
Sisters, from Oldest to youngest - Rachelle, Melissa, Vanessa, Ingaaaaaaaa
The GQ men's shot:
Scott couldn't be normal for too long though! haha:


We got to carry Dan one last time! We've def had practice doing this hahahah!
Watch out Inga!





Cambria & I! This girl is so silly hahaha. She acts all shy every time you see her at first. She won't answer you, she'll run away, she'll hide behind or cling to her mum. She's the definition of shy. Then once she gets used to a situation or person, you can't shut her up, you can't calm her down, you can't control it hahah. she's so hyper and silly at that point!:



Aw, me and my future hubby. How tender haha

They WOULD stuff eachothers faces! hahah poor Dan, he was a little more gentle to save the dress, and Inga totally did him in with her piece of cake hahah
Dan the Man got the garter with his teeth!
Nolan & I were the ultimate winners for the garter and bouquet. Coincidence? I think not. lol
Me & my girl:

Inga is my best friend without a doubt. I love her, I could go to her with everything and anything. She offers great council and input and I've grown so much just by knowing her. She's so strong and has a beautiful soul (corny as that sounds) and I adore her. I couldn't let her go to any man less qualified than Dan. He's also very strong and perfectly suited to Inga - I have no doubt they will be great in their marriage. They are so wonderful together and great examples to me and project great positivity to anyone who comes into contact with them. It's been a wild ride this past year and a half and I look forward to knowing Inga till the day we check out.Clouds to Houston:
HOUSTON Temple! If I marry, it will be there. One day.
Temple trip :)
They didn't know I was taking this one
We stopped by the Orange show - unfortunately, it was closed for August so we couldn't go in. It's a huge work made of handmade architecture. It was built single handedly from 1956 to 1979 by a late postal worker. It includes an oasis, a wishing well, a pond, a stage, a museum, and a lot of upper decks. It was made of concrete, brick, steel and found objects which include gears, tiles, wagon wheels, tractor seats and statues. It is a cooooool place. I decided, if possible, I'm going to have my reception there. It may be kind of grungy in some eyes but its unique and beautiful in its own way and I love the art and creativity of it. I can make it better though for a wedding so I'm not too worried :)

Amongst my visits with friends, I went out with my second best one - Shannon Potter. This girl is amazing. Also, she just got engaged. hahah. All my best friends are leaving me for spouses. Bittersweet I guess :) Unfortunately, I cannot make it to her wedding, though I am still considered a bridesmaid. She met her man, Zach Bundy, when he was on his mission in our area. The missionaries have always been tight with Shannon's family, and after he got off his mission, Zach and Shannon's connection obviously grew more and more. It's been awhile since he returned. They have visited back and forth between California and Houston many a time, and on her last Cali trip he had proposed to her -- She said yes :)
Did I mention her super cute unbelievably awesome son Dominic? He's adorable, I adore him even when he does have a fuss on occasion. Now he's going to have a real daddy and I'm so stoked for their happy little family to get started!
We decided to go to the Children's Museum instead of the zoo. Looking back I think we should have gone to the zoo, but hey, the kids museum was cheaper anyways so that worked out well. There was just so much distraction and so many... children. Dom would be playing in one attraction - and he COULD stay in one, forever - and the second we'd try to move on he'd fall down and be upset. But once we picked him up and went to the new one he'd be totally chill and lovable again. what a psycho child hahahah i bet its just cuz of the age though
Star wars was there celebrating space weekends or something i think:

In the Tot's center, there is this one part with a see-through panel where you can see whats going on below you. Well, while we were below, we were dying laughing. Because there was this little girl bent over the panel making faces like THIS!!:

Me, Bri (Shannon's sis), and Shannon herself
He was so calm for me putting on his makeup! I was so surprised; I thought he'd have ADD and run around, without enough time to stand still and be painted. But he loved me writing on his head!
Dom, being a boy, loved crashing things. He also loves balls and trucks and stuff like that. And so when we came to the inflated balls being held midair with the wind, he was entranced. He loved it. And it was so cute watching him try to grab them. He thought it was the most magic thing ever

Bri, their half sister Rocky, and the creepy powerpuff girl ice pop with sunken eyes

FAMILY PICTURES :D
Madeline was grumpy, Ryan was distracted, and Kyle was active the entire time hahaa







I'll have to piece them together with Photoshop. We took pictures of Dad later, but in the morning so the lighting is completely different. That'll be fun to fix.
Dad had his own approach to picture taking.
Clouds to Florida :
- it was SO cool when we were going over the ocean. I was trying to figure out why I only saw solid blue (couldn't really see the waves or anything) and clouds. It was amazing, it was like all you could see was sky and I felt like I was soooooooooooo high up. It was a grand sightMe and Dad had some pretty good times - probably the best I've spent with my dad ever. We did a bunch of things. One of them was taking a visit to Downtown Disney!
The Lego Store was our FAVORITE! Look - The Millenium Falcon! - (oh, by the way, do you like my new glasses? I think they are only featured in Downtown Disney pictures and the ones where we're airboating. I LOVE them)
There were also a bunch of awesome Lego statues. This was the best one!:
Dad loves Buzz Lightyear! Maybe that's who he'll be when he grows up..
We also when Gator Airboating. I'm glad Dad talked me into continuing on it - I wasn't going to because my head already was nautious from the car ride out (I have terrible motion sickness). But in the end, even though my head hurt something fierce afterwards, it was worth it. It was pretty cool. At one point, I almost even got EATED!
.. okay just kidding. But I was freaked out that when I put my head in there that it would snap shut on me. That the alligator would come alive again, just like in 'Hook'
Protecting her eggs in the forest behind. We had a bunch of glances and this one was a great one to see, esp when she smiled at us, but Dad was right - the ride was what you were really paying for. It was great, minus the sickness hahahaah


I really liked the view & plants :)

Then Father left me.And so it begins - working for The Mouse. The Head Cheese. Not going to lie.. these first few days have been CRAZY. It's like a roller coaster for my head and I don't know when I'll really catch up with it. There's just so much. So, since by working at Disney World I get free admission, I went and walked through over the weekend. I finally visited Ariel - I believe she'd been the only main princess I didn't have a picture with. I never really wanted to blow time waiting in line at Ariel's Grotto though. Now that I have relatively unlimited time in the parks though, now I can take the time to go do things like that.
I can't wait to see if I can get a picture of Main Street without anyone on it, but the park when it only has Resort guests in it is cool enough. Its.. almost majestic when theres so few there.
By the way, I haven't told you what I'll be doing yet. I'm a custodian. Best role ever - you get tons of freedom. Yes, you have to clean bathrooms and sweep and stuff, but there is a lot of freedom associated with it and it's going to be great, so long as I have a good attitude and make my focus how to make people's days special. When I went through by myself as a guest, I met a bunch of people that were really cool and I really enjoyed talking to them so I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine.I'm lucky to be in the Magic Kingdom. Currently, my domain is Fantasyland, north of the Castle. Love it. The antique Caroussel is part of it!:
My Magic Kingdom custodial buddies!!! We are sooo awesome.. and so energetic. We've committed ourselves to making the custodial position the most sought after.
Welll.... TTFN!! - Ta-Ta For Now! I will try to update soon, but who knows - I may just spend all my free time chillin in parks and sleeping so idk hahaha. I love yall and appreciate yall reading my blog - thanks, have a magical day & keep smiling!
*not my new glasses here
4 comments:
Its about time you made another post! I told you girlfriend...More often! Have fun at Disneyworld.
I'm so jealous of you right now... I want to be in Disney World. How goes the work? Are you having a blast without me? :)
Thanks for the update--I think you should post every week! Of course, that from someone who doesn't keep current on anything!! Love ya' girl--
WE NEED ANOTHER POST....PLEASE?
Post a Comment