As you may or may not know, Disney has always meant a great deal to me.
I grew up with it. I'm a Disney Kid, inside and out. I have been living in the kingdom where time stands still and dreams come true for exactly 3 months now.. it is my anniversary. And what do I get as a present?? You'll find out soon.
See I've been to the Disney parks 3 times previous to coming here. Now I couldn't tell you how often I've have visited since. Funny though, the times I've visited previously - even though they were only for a few days at a time - exist in my mind and make as much a special memory as now it when I spend all my time here. Weird.
The first visit was in 2005, on a band trip. We went to every park except Animal Kingdom, and we only spent half a day at Epcot. The most recent visit (aside from my time working here) was last year, 2008, at Disneyland in California. But the one I'm particularly fond of was when I came I with my family in 2007. That time, I finally made it to Animal Kingdom. But I still only spent half a day in Epcot (and therefore still hadn't really been able to see it), because oh yea - I had a throat infection that got progressively worse that week! hahah. Awful.
I regret that I didn't spend more time with my family though.. see, I'd already been before, I didn't have any taste for roller coasters, and I wanted to see certain things because as far as I knew, that was my last trip to Disney for years and years to come. I thought.. oh I see my family all the time, now Disney? Nope. This is something rare. So I ditched them most of the time. That's why I'm not in most of the pictures, and the ones I am in usually have just me in them hahahahah. Looking back into the pictures though, I see how happy and excited they were and I regret that I wasn't there for that. I probably saddened them by not being there... sorry :(
Still, some of my favorite pictures of my family of all time were from that trip and I'd like to post some here:
I grew up with it. I'm a Disney Kid, inside and out. I have been living in the kingdom where time stands still and dreams come true for exactly 3 months now.. it is my anniversary. And what do I get as a present?? You'll find out soon.
See I've been to the Disney parks 3 times previous to coming here. Now I couldn't tell you how often I've have visited since. Funny though, the times I've visited previously - even though they were only for a few days at a time - exist in my mind and make as much a special memory as now it when I spend all my time here. Weird.
The first visit was in 2005, on a band trip. We went to every park except Animal Kingdom, and we only spent half a day at Epcot. The most recent visit (aside from my time working here) was last year, 2008, at Disneyland in California. But the one I'm particularly fond of was when I came I with my family in 2007. That time, I finally made it to Animal Kingdom. But I still only spent half a day in Epcot (and therefore still hadn't really been able to see it), because oh yea - I had a throat infection that got progressively worse that week! hahah. Awful.
I regret that I didn't spend more time with my family though.. see, I'd already been before, I didn't have any taste for roller coasters, and I wanted to see certain things because as far as I knew, that was my last trip to Disney for years and years to come. I thought.. oh I see my family all the time, now Disney? Nope. This is something rare. So I ditched them most of the time. That's why I'm not in most of the pictures, and the ones I am in usually have just me in them hahahahah. Looking back into the pictures though, I see how happy and excited they were and I regret that I wasn't there for that. I probably saddened them by not being there... sorry :(
Still, some of my favorite pictures of my family of all time were from that trip and I'd like to post some here:






























Now I bet you can guess why I'm so excited for my 3 month anniversary present!
It's my family!!! I'm so thrilled to be able to see them and just spend time with them. I hope my brothers talk to me cuz I just never know what to say to them haha. I love those boys though.. they make me so proud sometimes. Ryan, keep on being the sweetheart you are and stay determined and strong. You really are beyond your years in some ways and I really admire that. I'm sorry for the times I walked all over you, you don't deserve that. You deserve the best and nothing less - always remember that. You're a fierce friend and thank you for not beating me up when I was a jerk. Your patience astounds me! I love you. Kyle... try not to be too much like me okay? Mom and Dad have had enough of that hahahahha. But seriously kyle.. I love your enthusiasm for life & things and the way you can just make friends and the power you have to just bring others into a group. And how awkward you act sometimes. Especially around me. I really enjoy that hahah. Be more free! GO CRAZY! Also, I'm thankful for the way you make me feel special, like I really am a cool big sister and that you love me.. I love that you write me emails, I always smile when I see that. You two are very important to me - even though sometimes that message might not get across. I think about you both often. Just think I get to see THESE GUYS in 3-4 days:
.... and THESE ONES as well! I am so thankful for my parents and all they do and mostly what they put up with. I'm thankful they raised me with a good head on my shoulders and to be a driven individual - even if I hiccup sometimes. Okay, a lot. I'm thankful that they help me out when I get myself into a mess... I'm thankful for the things they will be helping me with this year especially. They'll never know how grateful I am for these things or how much I love and appreciate them. Mom, Dad.. I love you with all my heart and more, even though I don't always know exactly how to communicate it. I know yall have sweat and worked so hard just to get me to the point I am and I know you still worry and stress about me and how to get me to be all that I can be... I thank you for your devotion and support. Dad, I really enjoyed the few days you vacationed with me here when you brought me and I look forward to "bonding" again, as you put it lol. Keep it weird.. haha. I really hope you have a good time. Mom.. I can't even say how thrilled I am just to hang out with you in a few short days. I love to see your smiling face and learn more about you and share life with you (as gay as that sounds). This vacation means a lot to me.. thank you both for pulling it together enough to be able to come visit me. It's hard being away so much.
The one and important negative to all of this is my favorite sister will not be able to join us. I'm so bummed that it could not work out.. but I'm glad that she is making smart decisions by saving money and time up there. We'll get our day soon, Madeline. And one day we'll have our sister-sister Disney trip. I love you! And your Mickey ice cream infatuation. haha. My sister is as much into Disney as I am.. if not more in a couple respects. It really won't be the same without her at all.. and again I regret that I did not spend more time with her on her first visit.. it's hard forgiving myself for missing their first reactions to everything because I wanted to do something else more. Oh well. I don't get to see your smiling face just yet, Madeline, but luckily you aren't too far away up at school. My dear best friend.. I can't wait to giggle the night away with you and have Disney marathons. Who knows when we'll have the time to do that but we'll think of something hahah. Please keep texting me and keeping me up on whats going on in your life, I like to be kept in the loop, even if I have no time to talk on the phone. Well.. keep being a creeper and I'll see you before you know it darlin :) I love youuuuuuuuuuu sidder!
But to soften the blow.. I do get to see the first reaction to the parks of these next few people!! My aunt Leah, her husband Mark, and their kids - Sam, Zach, Matt, Mikayla (sorry if I spelled it wrong :/ ), and Isabelle. I love these guys! And it feels like ages since I've seen any Texan Rippstein family... Leah has only been to Epcot, and Disneyland. I can't wait to share these days with them! I hope all goes well and as according to plan as possible, but mostly that we can all just embrace the magic and remember our wishes can come true if we believe in them. They're shining deep down inside of us, because that is where the magic lives :)






2 comments:
Hey! I sure do LOVE you, girl! We're really looking forward to this trip and seeing you, too. The only way it could be better would be to have Madeline there, too. I'm feeling bad about that :(
Anyway, I'd leave a longer comment, but I've got to get some sleep so I can get ready for the TRIP!!!
See you in a few--
you both are lying. You don't feel bad about it. I'm stuck here in Utah and you will be having a blast in disney without me.
Post a Comment