Thursday, February 4, 2010

Soundtrack to My Life

Like most entries I started with a cute picture of myself.
Jeremy Patrick wanted to take a picture of us so I relented. hahaha. Love him.

Lets see.. not a whole lot is new. I don't like my business teacher. Mostly because of his poor teaching style. I'm coming to really like my accounting class, because it makes sense, because tests are what I expect, because I'm doing good in it, and mostly because I'm doing really good in my group even though its all boys haha. We have these clickers that we press our answers to daily quizzes on and every time I get an answer right I feel like I just got a touchdown. WIN! My rib is almost ready to go so pretty soon here I can start doing weightlifting in that class - I'm the student aide in there sooooo yea. I love my mission prep class.. I love my teacher.. I love the direction he takes with things and how enthusiastic and loving and knowledgeable he is. He's just the greatest. I adore him. It'll be hard figuring out which teacher I'll be taking from when I have my next semester, whenever that is. I'll have to decide between 2 favorites! Who knows. I really don't like my money management class although it has broadened my vision of finances a leetle bit. I'm a little more prepared in that respect I guess.

Aaaaand my favorite class is probably still flower arranging, because I get to work with my hands and create stuff and then get my creative mind flowing with imagination in flower arranging and other respects. AND we get to take our stuff home. Here's a boutonniere I made this week. What do you think? It was past what we were required to do and my teacher said it was reaaally good. Yay me!

Yknow what.. The reason I have an Ipod is to add a soundtrack to my life.

And I love it.
So what do I listen to as I walk/strut/meander/rush/stroll around campus? Well I have a bunch of songs that I jam to for different moods but today I just want to talk about those select few songs that I always like to listen to when I'm just walking around appreciating the world and finding the beauty in things and just thinking in general. Just good strolling music. They are MOSTLY instrumental and most of them are from movies. As follows:

  • CLAIRE DE LUNE -- has to be my number one fave!
  • All the instrumental music from Amelie. I just love that movies' music
  • Many from Finding Nemo
  • Many from Stardust
  • Married Life and Stuff We Did from Up
  • To Zanarkand (piano) from Final Fantasy 10
  • Define Dancing and 2815 A.D. from WallE
  • The Living Sculptures of Pemberley - Dario Marianelli - from Pride & Prejudice
  • Exhibit 13 by Blue Man Group
  • Main Theme in piano and in violin from Schindler's List
  • The Price of Freedom - Takeharu Ishimoto - I think from Final Fantasy?
  • Adalasia from Enchanted
  • American Beauty by Thomas Newman from American Beauty
  • Christmas Time is Here from Charlie Brown --(Before you start, Mom, this is the only Christmas song that I allow outside of Christmas season. And it fits simply because its cold and snowy, and there are no words to it saying Christmas. Because its instrumental. I love strolling to this here. It makes me happy.)
  • Desert from Cirque du Soleil
  • Canon in D mix by an anonymous artist
  • More variations on the Canon
  • Watermark by Enya
  • Transformation from Brother Bear (how ironic that I adore this movie so much when at first I reallllly hated it. I LOVE IT NOW and this is another of my faves)
  • The Meadow - Alexandre Desplat - from New Moon
  • Jack and Sally Montage from The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • I Believe from My Sassy Girl
  • Some piano piece claimed as a certain song that it is not but I love listening to anyways


Non instrumental:
  • Aloha, E Komo Mai - Jump5 - from Lilo & Stitch. So fun!!
  • The Call - Regina Spektor - from Chronicles of Narnia - another big fave
  • Le Festin - Camille - from Ratatouille
  • Firefly's Main Theme from Firefly, one of my fave TV shows ever
  • Get Along Home Cindy from Rio Bravo
  • Praan - Garry Schyman
  • I'm Sitting on Top of the World - Al Jolson - from King Kong
  • Trolleywood by Eisley
  • Down to Earth - Peter Gabriel - from WallE
  • Kumbin by Habibe Koite & Bamada
  • Closer by Kings of Leon
  • Belle from Beauty & the Beast - I like to imagine a BYUI music video to this song based on what college life up here. It's so funny in my mind.
  • I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
  • I Will Go Sailing No More - Randy Newman - from Toy Story
  • Waka in the Sky - Lisa Gerrard - from Whale Rider
  • Sand in My Shoes - Dido

Anyways.. just updating yall with my life, so its like yall are here with me! I adore music and I think its one of the largest motivators and influences in my life. Anyways... I'm going to Utah next weekend for Vday. I should be getting down there Thurs the 11th at about 5 or 6. Idk which yet. It seems like that might be what I'm going to do though. I'm returning to Idaho on tuesday the 16th. My shuttle leaves Provo's Marriott Center at 4:30. YAY for extended weekend!! About 5 days of family! Win. Also I believe Inga is going down the weekend of March 6th so I'll probably visit then as well.

Well.. I'm going to get started on all my homework ahead of time! Cheeeeers


3 comments:

Mom said...

How do you keep up with yourself--seriously??? You are amazing!

Also, you REALLY need to end up doing something creative with your life. Getting a degree is a MUST, but I hope you can use it to enhance a living doing something creative....I just can't see you happy without that critical element in your life!

Keep the updates coming--cuz I love them and you!!

Cassie said...

Beautiful boutin.... flower thing! I took that class for a few weeks while I was there but ended up dropping it because I didnt have time for it and STILL wish I could take it again.

Mom said...

POST.......please?