Yes, I am a junior in college and still wear my high school letterman jacket.haha. ALRIGHT so a few weeks ago I had the privilege of attending the Wedding, Floral and Event show at school - kind of a spring final for students in floral design, event planning, and cake decorating. There were WAY too many to put on here so I just put a lot of my favorites. Here's the entrance:

Love the blue orchids:

Big fave cuz of striking orange and blue:
Friend of mine did this one:

Okay this was by far the neatest thing at the entire show. Someone made an entire dress out of plant and feathers!! It's all made from the same type of leaf - Idk what its called - and then there are just a few feathers on the shoulder
Closeup:
Even the back looked great! Course you wouldn't want to wear this dress because those pins are going straight into the dummy's back
Music:
Tropical wall!
Creative:
LOOK A FISHIE!!!
Kind of a cool cake:
Okay so now we started to enter the rooms. Teams are given rooms to design to a specific style and color scheme, etc. This one was the elegant pastel room, and it was for a wedding, obviously, as most of them are.
Upside down cake! Impressive:
Tropical! This was a Hawaiian or something wedding. This was my favorite room
.... especially because of the paper lanterns!!


More bouquets..
Love the spiral! This was one of the best:

This one was unclear - it was like a graduation party slash a wedding. It was divided into two halves. Pretty cool cake! I wanted to eat a butterfly..


This one looked a LOT better in person. What I really liked about it though was the copper wire mesh that was inserted into it:
Kid's birthday party room:
Room for a reception. I am 95% sure that this lamp is the same kind cousin Shelley has and just painted white:
I don't know why but I absolutely adore what they did with this arrangement:
At the end they had plants to purchase and I just thought the Mexican cacti were sooo cute haha
Okay so one thing that is pretty much a constant here at BYU-I is construction. Well when I came back from Disney pretty much the entire MC building was redone. This is what they were working on when I was going to school last semester... it's called the Crossroads and it is our cafeteria. And I reaaaally wanted Madeline to see it. I really think it's amazing what they've done with the place and it feels higher class when you go in there. What do you think Madeline?



Elevated seating area:
Expanded seating
Okay so as I'm coming to the conclusion of my semester here at school, that means my final projects are all coming due which is friggin awful hahah. I'm sad that I will now be losing my creative time in floral arranging but it's all good. I'll be taking more similar classes when I return from Nicaragua. Here are a couple recent projects we've done:
Do you like my ring? We had to use real flowers in it, but I'm going to be replacing them with silks soon because they will die and be ugly otherwise. We just got the basic instructions of how to hold it all together and had free reign with our designs. Do you like that I included springs? My teacher was impressed :) I think it is cute and funky

AND with nothing left to say here is a quiz I promised to repost:
Q: Held a snake? yes
Q: Been suspended from school? no.
Q: Do you like someone? just a crush :)
Q: Sang karaoke? yes
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do? Of course. Procrastination kills.
Q: Laughed until you started crying? yes
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? yes
Q: Kissed in the rain? no
Q: Sang in the shower? yes
Q: Sat on a roof top? yea
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Not yet.
Q: Broken a bone? no
Q: Shaved your head? no.
Q: Played a prank on someone? yep! :)
Q: Shot a gun? yes
Q: Donated Blood? yuppp
LAST PERSON:
1. You hung out with? Eric
2. You texted? Jacob
3. You were in a car with? Eric
4. Went to the movies with? Eric
5. Person you went to shop with? Jacob
6. You talked on the phone? Dad
7. Made you laugh? Jessie
8. You hugged? Eric
ANSWER TRUTHFULLY:
1. Sun or moon? moon
2. Winter or Fall? Fall
3. Left or Right? right.
4. Sunny or rainy? Sunny
5. Where do you live? Rexburg
6. Club or pub? Club
7. Are there 1 or 2 people who you can always trust and rely on? Fo sho
8. Do you want to get married? One day
9. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? sometimes both
10. What time is it? 11:30 pm
11. Are you afraid of commitment? Depends
12. What is your greatest hope/wish? Wow. That me & my family & all those I love will become/stay strong in the gospel and inherit celestial glory together
13. Do you cook? I can.
14. Current mood? Bored, not wanting to think about all the work in the next week.
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU:
1. Kissed someone? No
2. Sang? yes
3. Listened to music? yep - right now in fact! I'm listening to the playlist on this blog! Isn't it fun? you should definitely listen to it when reading. The songs on my mission blog are pretty good for Sundays too.
4. Danced Crazy? No
5. Cried? Teared up lol
6. Liked someone you can't have? Yupp
25 FIRSTS
1.Who was your first prom date? Uhh.. I guess technically it was Tyler Carver. But I had 2 dates to prom ;)
2. Who was your first roommate? Madeline
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk last? Never :)
4. What was your first job? Babysitter/pet sitter. I prefer the pets. Although I guess they're kind of the same thing
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? The only one I ever remember was Sister Fulmer's mom
7. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Langsford I think?
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Shoot I don't know hahah
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time? I wasn't really a sneaker out of houses.. I think I did once right before thanksgiving vacation in 2007. But I didn't leave the yard or anything
11. Who was your first best friend? Jared Phillips
12. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? Foo!
13. Where was your first sleepover? I have no idea. I bet it was like the Nelsons or the Williams
14. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Mom
15. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman? Aunt Mindy & Uncle Spencer
16. What's the first thing you did when you got up this morning? turn over and doze off again. hahah! Nah I just went and did my teeth stuff
17. What was the first concert you went to? Blue Man Group hahah or I think I went to like a local thing at Lauren's church for a Christian group. I don't remember it much though.
18. What was the last concert you went to? Uh.. well if the performance and stuff counts at Disney it would be either Celine Dion or Jo bros, but other than that it's Guitars Unplugged if that counts
19. First tattoo or piercing? Ears
20. First celebrity crush? Shoot. I don't remember.
21. Current celebrity crush? James Marsden, Ryan Reynolds or Matthew Goode (in Leap Year)
22. First crush? Erich Brown haha
23. Current crush? Secret :)
24. First date? Uh. as for actual date? I don't remember I feel like his name might have been Jake or something. As you can tell, it was memorable.
25. First tv show you got hooked on? hahahhahah probably Pokemon!
Six names you go by:
1. Velma
2. Velmita
3. Velms
4. Court
5. Rippstein
6. Coco
Three things you are wearing right now:
1. My flower ring
2. Disney watch
3. Bow
Three things you want very badly at the moment:
1. Money
2. Semester to be done
3. Sleep
Two things you did last night:
1. AVATAR!!!
2. Homework
Two things you ate today:
1. Cheesy gordita crunch
2. pear
Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. Dad
2. Jacob
Three things you are going to do tomorrow:
1. Temple
2. Accounting exam
3. homework
Two longest car rides you've been on:
1. Texas to Wyoming
2. Texas to Florida
Five favorite beverages:
1. water
2. Vanilla coke
3. homemade rootbeer
4. Ginger ale
5. Cider
1 comment:
It's true. I WAS your first roommate :) And you got the real bed! I enjoyed this thoroughly!
Post a Comment