After the words of Bishop Burton, what an emotional rollercoaster the past week has been. Sunday, I was heading to a ‘Sweet Swap’ with a men’s apartment. Inga got a text from her boyfriend that President Hinckleyhad died. She stopped in her tracks and told us. I felt it. At first it was thought as a cruel joke but from the moment those words were spoken I knew it. We double checked at the guy’s apartment.. It had only been about a half hour before. I called mom and she screamed at me due to stresses, shock and such which I understand. Then I called Aunt Leah, cuz I felt I should. We talked briefly, and she told me that when she was a freshman in college, her prophet had died as well. “Great” I said, “it runs in the family..” She had some good words though, thank you aunt Leah :] After that point you could see people running out of their apartments to call people and such; service was actually pretty horrendous. There were a few people that were hysterical and needed the aid of others; one fell down to her knees and she was just w After the words of Bishop Burton, what an emotional rollercoaster the past week has been. Sunday, I was heading to a ‘Sweet Swap’ailing. When I was outside, something I noticed about myself was that I couldn’t feel the cold, and it was 12 & windy - & let me just tell you, the winds here ignore your clothes, they go right through; they‘re a pain, literally. After the initial shock, we started the sweet swap. The girls were in charge of the spiritual thought and my roommate Kala had brought a reading from one of Hinckley’s books. Now a few of the girls were already tearing, but then we suggested that we go around the room and share one special thing we remembered about him. No one except myself had ever actually seen him. I recalled my experience when the Houston Temple was dedicated. We were in the room right next to the Celestial Room, and when it had ended we went into the hall and saw him. I swear, he looked me, personally, right in the eye, winked in reassurance, and waved at me. I know he did. I remember it like it was yesterday even though that was ages ago in a time I can’t remember much else of. Anyways that was my special thought.. Haha a few talked about different occasions of Hinckley’s humor, such as the often mentioned waving of the cane. And the one time he aimed it at a member of the Quorum (I think?), who held up his hands in fright. Hahah hilarious.. While reflecting, someone made an interesting point. As you all know, the Rexburg Temple was to be dedicated this weekend. I didn’t know that it was still up in the air for him to be coming, I just assumed he was but apparently they were saying he would not be able to. It was this close to the dedication.. means a lot up here. Anyways, he made the observation that before he was probably not going to make it, but now he will be able to be there at the dedication. I just thought it was something to think about. After that, Alexis suggested that we sing “We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet.” … we didn’t have to do any of this but we did. It’s a bittersweet feeling I suppose. One thing that kind of makes me angry is how a lot of people are still freaking about Heath Ledger’s overdose death and how it’s such a loss to humanity, and then they’re just like eh, Hinckley died. Let’s move on. I looked online the day after it happened and when I looked under the ‘most popular’ stories, Heath was first, then a few dumb ones, like one was about an asian kid that sent out a red balloon and it was found 15 years later on a fish caught by a fisherman. Stuff like that, then Hinckley was number 8. Arg. But that can also be taken in a positive light just because of all the hysteria that surrounds others when they die. Like, the Pope died what are we going to do?! The world is going to end! He he he, retards.

Mom, I did make it to the temple a couple times

before the open house was closed. My favorite parts were, of course, the amazing chandeliers, and then the mural in one of the briefing rooms
(is that what they’re called? I thought that’s what they were). Myra’s uncle is actually the guy that did it, and she said she saw it when it was being painted. Pretty cool. I also noticed wheat was in most of the details. I thought it was cool that only the finest materials are used in it, which in this case featured wood shipped in from some part of Africa, and tile from Israel. I feel sorry for the people that all scheduled the temple for their marriages. Theyre either gonna have to try to find another place to get married that weekend or choose a different date.. Think of the stress for those brides!! Wow I cannot even imagine.ANYWAYS now on to a less depressing subject. OK for those of you that want to know how to do the flush, I will post instructions (and maybe kind of an idea of what to expect) next weekend. On the talent board, I am the assistant manager for the show entitled ‘Broadway Review’ which is exactly what it sounds like. I do not like my manager. She’s prissy, self-absorbed, rude, and she thinks she’s just the greatest person ever around and can I just say she is not attractive, she has zip creativity, she has good ideas with how to get stuff done - well except she hasn’t done anything, and I just want to smack her in the face every time I see her. Another thing that sucks is she hasn’t included me in anything & I know she’s going to wait until the last minute to do everything and then expect me to have a clue and just jump in and do whatever. Ugh. So irritating. I can’t wait till I get to be a manager and not have to deal with someone like that. The retreat was fine, nothing really exciting. We just did leadership games, had different people talk about the importance of talent board and attributes we should have (which Elizabeth does NOT) to make it work and all that. They did have bread bowls with soup though and that was awesome. I loved the bread. As for the soup, it was chunky chicken noodle soup so I just got a bunch of chicken chunks and put it in my bowl, ate those, and then enjoyed the added flavor when it came to the bread. Mmmm it was good. Then they had awesome red oranges the next morning with breakfast and no one wanted them so I ate pretty much the entire bowl, instead of the donuts/bagels others were eatin. I learned some cool games though that I’ma teach the roomies though so that’s cool but overall I think the weekend wasn’t special. Here’s the poster idea I had come up with, before I edited it for poster possibilities. Try to see if you can spot em all (know its hard cuz the stupid blog won't let me post anything larger - I'll email you a larger one later):

I didn’t remember Aunt Jan. She remembered me though. Actually a few ppl I can’t remember said they knew me. AJ is fine, she wasn’t much for talking though.. Idk she had kind of a distracted personality. But she was nice. & she looked well. Other than that I saw todd/tess (obviously), Toby & his wife, aunt linda, becky/scott/kids, kerry/phil/cole, mindy/cory/tiger, shelley/tyler/London, arycca/billiam, and that’s all I can remember.
About the guy, no you’ve met the last one. As I heard, from him, at the gym recently too haha. But I was thinking a lot about what my weddings gonna be like and let me tell you dad, it’s gonna be a little costly. But don’t worry. We’ll deal with that when we come to it. Oh and mom, I have an idea about the dress for you to probably make. Better start now cuz its gonna take about that long. Haha. Anyways no there is definitely no one that is I am even remotely interested in here.
I was also thinking about my funeral and when it happens I want everyone to be in black. If they aren’t wearing black they aren’t allowed in. I feel very strongly about this. I want a viewing (unless I’m deformed or something), and I want to be wearing something b-e-a-utiful. I want there to be a slideshow (no bad pictures of me please) and 2 of the songs I want to be in it are: Pacific Wind (from that military video you sent me awhile back) and Comptine d'un autre été - l'après midi (from Amelie). There’s some other things but I think you are depressed enough so I will stop for your sake. Haha. Don’t worry, I don’t plan on dying soon.. But anyways I think about these things. Of course, I want to control things even after I’ve moved on. Alexis says I really have to stop now because you are probably freaking out and she’s going to take away my laptop if I continue.
My math teacher is retarded. He doesn’t - and can’t - teach. Students correct him every day, he forgets things, he says wrong answers and explains things wrong or in a completely unnecessary manner. Overall a really good word for him is Flighty. It’s just crap. Plus its not like I can leave when I want like at San Jac. I swear its like 13th grade; they treat us like we’re in high school and idk it’s so annoying, I can’t describe it. World Dance update: I can do the Irish one now, and we’ve also learned Gumboots - an African dance with a lot of stomping & clapping. One part of it looks like jazzercising. I know how to do it all except the last part is really really fast & I’ve only been able to pull it off twice. Next we’re doing something from Israel called MaNavu. I’ve listened to the song and it doesn’t sound too great but after that we’re doing the Bhangri from India and I’m REALLY excited about it. One day you may be able to see these, but who knows.

We put on a show this week for church. It was a Disney Musical night, & we got into our FHE groups, chose songs, & performed em. We chose to do Kiss the Girl :) And I got to be Flounder. And what we decided to do with flounder was I got to do the 'ya ya ya ya yaaaaaaa' part. I might post the video for yall to see. It was funny cuz we were the only group to it without lip-syncing. They loved it, except we really had no idea what we were doing cuz we only sang through it once, 2 days before, and then never practiced. Not my fault - i wanted to but it didn't happen. How did we end it you may ask?? well here's how:

he was almost too late, running out with the BoM. the guy kinda had to go behind Myra because it took too long hahahaa. He had our bishops name taped on his chest for added effect. The guy that was Prince Eric actually reminds me a lot of TJ, except taller haha.
Mk well I have to go drink something really gross for the flush so I will talk to you next week..
& Mom, ‘Mk’ means exactly how its said. Like, ‘Mk, hold on.’ haha. Nerd. Alright So leave questions/comments/concerns/thoughts on life/money promises/etc & I’ll get back to you soon.
Ta!
1 comment:
I didn't remember that you saw Prez Hinkley. Glad that you could be with others who have similar feelings.
Cool poster, hope the show goes well (and doesn't cut into studying :)).
Love ya,
Dad
Post a Comment