Sunday, June 22, 2008

Still Kickin


OKAY so I should do this again.

As you may or may not know I am sick right now, and haven't heard anything as to why that may be. According to the tests, I'm looking good and healthy, but according to my stomach and my sense of feeling I am dying. I got my assignments into classes though so no worries there.

Things have been alright here otherwise.. except it's hot in the house because the A/C doesn't stretch back to my room and you can't just open the window and get cool anymore. Yuck.

Here is Talmage in a wig. hahah I love Tad he's so weird. I hang out at his place a lot, because I'm good friends with all his roommates. One of them, Jacob (who was in the last post), is probably going to come down and visit this summer even :D


I've seen some pretty good movies recently, which has been nice. Iron Man rocked my freaking socks off - I've seen it twice already. Then I saw the Hulk.. and me & Alexis went and saw made of honor, which was alright. haha we wanted to take pictures with Patrick Dempsey though soo there you go.


Alexis was feeling rather lazy one day:


AYE! My rafiki Brandon - the friend I have that served in Kenya and is teaching me minimal Swahili haha. He's like my brother. And yes, that is a REAL cheetah. Freak, man. Freak.


Hahah Shelby.. I love shelby she's so fantastic. Here she's modeling one of Brandon's shirts (she went on a date with him and they were going to match, so as a joke he lent her that shirt so she could find something to match it hahah)


KJ is getting to be more herself, which also unfortunately means she is a sass-bucket. geez hahaha. She just got extentions though I think they look cute:


AAAAAaaaand more guys let me do their makeup; Cortney & Josh. Although I've now come to the conclusion that blonde guys just can't pull it off very well.

FHE group (only some of it) for our skit. If you want to see the skit, go to my Posted Items on Facebook and you should be able to see it. It's pretty dang sweet. I think you'll be able to tell which one is me in it, easy.
BLOODS
The Courtneys! And some creepstash in the back.. ahha. Like my boxers? Yea I do too..

Alright and then here's when I saw Jake, Ali, Elli, Will, Doeni, Alex.. and.. STEPHEN!! Yay! I was so nervous/excited to see him I couldnt sleep the night before and then I even threw up, it was pretty crazy haha. It was awesome seeing all of them of course; I haven't seen most of them in ages!

Elli/Will.. dang they really grew up! They were way fun to play with - they have energy out the wazoo! When I went down there, everyone got their makeup done, except Alex. Some even had it done on multiple days. Ali wants me to come down next winter for Elli's bday and do it for her party. That should be fun :)


Stephen is so good with kids.. LOL see how he drops them on their heads?! haha. They totally beat on him, it was funny.

ME & STEPHEN!! I missed my big brother-stand in so much!
Priceless. This picture really tops them all I think haha:
DONUT :)

Alex has really matured since last I saw him, but he's still fun. I love him! I can't wait to chill with him again come the fall. I get to go see Stephen this summer though! hopefully that will be good cuz I won't be sick anymore and I'll be able to really enjoy my time.

Stephen & his makeup - we got lots of pics of it because I've actually never done this one before and loved it. He's imitating Maori style facial gestures right now, though its not Maori makeup. haha. When they do their war chants n fights n stuff, they widen their eyes and stick out their tongues haha.
We are cool people..
We wore this to see Iron Man, and to go to the art festival haha. I loved being in public with a bunch of people that also had my makeup.
Here's Jakes! I was rushed so I couldn't do it very well, but it was alright for the 5 sec I had to do it.
Doeni loved doing hers, I'll admit I didnt think she would do it, but she did! She had really awnted something on the tribal side, and she pulled it off well, I think.
At the art show, Ali kept getting people to come up to her and ask her where she got her face makeuped. They're thinking of bringing me down next year and I can set up a booth and really bank some. I'm thinking of doing something like that when I head back to TX.


haha Jake was being such a butt about the pictures lol.
Al was the only one without makeup. Tsk Tsk..




They had some really awesome stuff at the art festival. That guy that does the famous Jesus painting was there, it was cool meeting him. He liked our makeup too haha. This guy right here I liked as well.. he did a bunch of freaky things but I liked the Sesame stuff a lot. I ended up purchasing the oscar one, but only a cheap version w/o color.



And here's a lame video displaying how I did my makeup for Speech class giving the How-to speech. My point with this is that you can obtain two different looks/feelings/attitude by the colors, patterns, and space you take up.

WELL, UNTIL NEXT TIME. CHEERS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you could go for the visit. Looks like you had fun anyway. I can't believe that he was snuggling with a cheetah...

Madeline said...

That cheetah thing is pretty cool. I'm glad that you had fun at Uncle Jake's house. Did you say that a boy wil visit Texas during the summer...ooo. Anyways, keep posting. I love you!

Unknown said...

MiSsY RiPpStEr~ OK...time's up....time to get your fancy pants back to Hou-TEX!! Really missing you...camp won't be the same without you this year! No pillow dancin', no funny faces, no animal squealing/screeching..and no one rockin' the socks quite like you!
And...we finally decide to do ROVING REPORTER...and where is our DANA Rather??? No where to be found!! But hey...you're happy, I'm HAPPY! LUV You and MISS You~ Sis SOLO

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!

LOVE the pics & am super impressed with the make-up jobs---and models! I can't believe everyone went out in public like that, but I guess you were in the art world, huh?

I hope you had a fun visit with the fam even though you felt crappy. Have you heard anything back yet?

I can't wait to see you and maybe meet some of your friends--

Take care!!
Mom

Bec said...

thanks for the list of boys' names. you must be a genius because Landon is the only name that Scott and I agree on. Looks like you named our baby! have fun at home