Here's the final product! Pardon the way it's set up; some of the pages spill onto the other side. And most of the story is gone - these are just my fave pages - because if Ash decides to publish it later on she doesn't want it up here or anything. But it works. I think it turned out pretty good - it's in a childlike style - a direction that she wanted to take with it similar to if a kid had drawn the whole thing. Which is not far from the truth, lets be honest. Haha! For being so simple it took a great deal of time. It had to have taken me a minimum of 30 hours overall. Such a relief that it's completed. And luckily I'm getting paid for it too! Idk how much yet.. I went and talked to the people in the art dept and some art major friends of mine and they said I should charge about $60. Regular illustration work is in the hundreds to thousands. I don't know how I'll charge just yet. Let me know what you think of these bits and pieces and I'll pass any compliments on to Ashley.











If you would like to purchase one of these books (with all the pages of course) it's $20 (costs 14.50 to print, at least here it does). Just let me know.This semester is killing me. WHY is it that every semester is worse than the last? Ugh. Painful. My brain hurts. I don't think I'll get straight A's which is irritating because I deserve them. I am unable to sleep very much, group projects keep coming up (lets face it - we all HATE those too because then our grade depends on other people AND it means you have to take extra time away from personal work to go figure out those projects). My semester-long projects are all becoming due, I have tests this way and that and every day there is always something to do, and not in a good way.
In spite of all the complaining (c'mon, it's good to vent), I am doing okay and I found out from my bishop that my call was sent out from Utah on Friday so in my mind, that means I should logically receive it this week. Or at the least, next week, due to crappy Rexburg mail systems. All things aside, I'm excited for April 8th. By then most of my stress will be gone and I will finally be able to breathe again. What was that like? Not sure. Anyways. I have to run to the next thing now. Goodbye!
2 comments:
YES, I want one!!!! Please get me a copy of the book--and you should get one for free as part of your payment.
Also, G'ma Barnes wants one and we could get one for the Rippstein grandparents for a gift for birthday or Christmas or something.
You go, girl!!
Love ya'!!
Me too! The kids would love to read a fun story and look at their cousin Courtney's artwork. My, the talent you have....
You hair looks fabulour, by the way.
Ali
Post a Comment