Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Think the Monkey is the Sultan

I have few goals with my blog.
I like to always at least start with a picture of me. So many blogs just show pictures of other people and you rarely see the writer themselves.
I write to keep family up on what's going on in my life. I usually do this with pictures. And so I don't post blogs until I get pictures.
This serves a dual purpose. I also write it so I remember things I wouldn't usually later on. Looking back I wish I'd posted more, especially during my first year at school. It's funny to read sometimes, because I did describe a few occasions that I'd forgotten till it reminded me.
I never thought of really making it a journal, though sometimes that is what it becomes. Like today. I guess that's because I already have a daily journal, a spiritual thoughts journal, and now I am carrying down an 'everything' journal. What's that?

An 'Everything' journal is where you just write down random thoughts throughout the day. You carry it with you at all times possible. I'm dedicating it to the thoughts that usually go unwritten and become forgotten. It's meant for thoughts, reminders, songs/books I want to remember to look up, quotes, lists, dreams, insights, revelations and realizations. I'm really excited about it. I sometimes think I have to write a full page when I write in my journal, and because it is something I intend to keep forever, I word things a certain way and it just seems a bit more formal and I also write at the end of the day so its usually just summarizing what I can remember, which isn't much. I've been blessed with the ability to learn, but to retain information and memories is a whole other ball game.

Coincidentally, our internet is having proxy problems at my apartment so that's why I don't have pictures or anything really right now anyways. Just whatever fragments of life that happen to be on my little flash drive. And so I have now come to the library, not knowing how or being able to do things without the internet for school. Ha. Juuuust kidding. Anyways while I was here I thought I'd write a short little blurb just about whatever. Because mom says I should post more, and I always do what she says, right? *cough...*

Yesterday I saw Leap Year again. Partly because of St. Patrick's Day, and partly because I absolutely adore it.
I encourage any chick who hasn't seen it to do so. It is probably at the dollar theaters for you guys. It's getting near the end of its run at our cheapo theater, with only one time slot per night now. Also, it is clean so there's no worries there. It's just funny and cute. Go see it. Now.

On that note, AVATAR comes to our cheapo theater TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! There goes the budget! hahahah. I have plans to see it with friends saturday and again next week (or the next) with Steph & Quincy. And I'll probably see it a couple more times just myself. Because hey, its only $3. Two tickets equals 1 at our cheap theater during matinee in Houston. And I want to see it as many times as I can afford on the big screen. It's a glorious movie and just makes me happy. The other week I saw Sherlock Holmes there with friends, and I was coming in late right behind this huge family of all ages (mostly older generations rather than kids though). I heard the AVATAR trailer going on and almost fell over I was excited to see it. And those people were the WORST movie goers. I'm waiting to get past them, and I NEED to see the trailer, and they just enter the theater and decide to sit in the aisle a second just deliberating on where to sit and talking together. Great. Super. I'm glad to see you have a good relationship with your family and its a family night but PLEASE don't stop in the middle of the aisle with other people waiting to get past stuck behind ya. Needless to say I wormed my way through them quickly to my glorious AVATAR goodness. Couldn't miss it!

Lets see. Life is so hectic these days. All the semester long projects are becoming due, and the exams are coming quicker, and the daily assignments are relentless. In addition to that, I have been getting lots of flier requests from the relief society AND my part for the book I'm writing for Ashley is due tomorrow. And I'm only about halfway done with the line of the pages - haven't even started on color or adding the words. We should get it done in time though. My room is trashed. I don't have enough time to clean it presently. And since the internet is down I can't even do my last load of laundry cuz I'm not home for any length of time. And the clean clothes need to be folded and put away. Ugh. Maybe I'll tackle that tomorrow.

For those of you who don't already know, my mission papers went out 2 days ago. Stake pres says it should be here within 10 days. We'll see. Any guesses on where I'll go?
Make your guess right now.













... did you make it? Make sure it's clearly chosen in your head.













Okay now that you've had a chance to make a personal guess without being swayed by the guessing of others, I will tell you the most common responses I've had thus far.
Here we go! THE LIST:
Temple Square
Spain
Germany
China
Canada
New York
Brazil
California
Idaho
Japan
New Zealand
Europe (in general)
United States (in general)

As for personal guesses, I'm assuming I will stay in one of the Americas.

Where would I like to go?
Well, I really don't care where I go because that's where I'm needed and meant to be. Of my personal guessing I would prefer a stateside mission. If I got everything my way and got to choose? Well, outside the U.S., I'd pick the Ireland/Scotland mission. However if everything was up to me, then my dream mission wouldn't really be a specific place but rather made up of these qualifications:
Non-humid
Stateside
Foreign-speaking
Walking/biking mission
Area with lots of hills

And please don't be one of those to rub it in my face if I don't get these things. I really don't care if I don't get them, but yall asked where I'd pick so there you go. I've gotten more nervous/scared about the mission being so real within the last 9 days. I'm sure I'll be fine though. You can do anything with the Lord by your side. ha, that reminds me of something funny my friend said awhile ago:
"If faith moves mountains, that means you can threaten people. With MOUNTAINS."
hahahahah. Yay :)

I think I'll conclude with the deliciousness of a century. If you don't want to be addicted, you probably should not read further. But if you want your life to become infinitely better, follow this REALLY complicated recipe. It's for a dip that can be used for veggies and stuff but I use it as delicious chip dip.
Oh my goodness amazing, that's what we're talking about. Get a 16 ounce or whatever package of both sour cream and cottage cheese. I get the lowfat stuff since I eat a lot of it and though it's not that much better, every little bit counts right? Mix those two packages up together and then get a Ranch dressing packet and pour it in until you get just the right taste you prefer. I put in almost the entire pack for myself. I eat it with tortilla chips. Aaaaaand that's it. Yum-ness.

Well I think I'm going to get on my homework so I can see about getting other things done before my class later. Then I will be celebrating Erica's birthday with Mark & her. And then staying up late to at least get all the lines done for the book. LUCKILY that kind of work is pretty good because I just watch movies while working on it. I've mostly been watching Disney - I love looking for symbolism especially in those movies. Lion King is such a good one for repentance! And Princess & the Frog for faith. And Hercules for diligence, valiance and selflessness. And Beauty & the Beast for love. And Pinocchio.. oh man Pinocchio is a good one for many things. The most prevalent being agency and the Holy Ghost. I mean seriously. They practically define it at one point. Most of yall probably haven't seen it since you were waaay younger, so you should go watch it now. There are many more good ones in addition to these, but I don't feel like writing them now.

However, I would like to write a few Disney movies I think are waaay underestimated and under-appreciated:
Hercules
Pocahontas
Mulan
Bolt
Chicken Little
The Emperor's New Groove
Treasure Planet
Lion King 2
Tarzan
Brother Bear (1 & 2)
Robin Hood
Both Fantasias

k now I really gotta go. Cheers!

1 comment:

Sam and Kat said...

you are too cute courtney! and i love the blog.... soooo i think you are either going somewhere foreign and really exotic or here in the states- fresno, california. just my guesses haha. and someday i will have to make it back to epcot. i went when i was a kid and dont remember much. it sounds fun tho!