Friday, March 28, 2008

A Whole Lotta Everything..

Okay so last week my family went camping without me. Sad day.. that was probably the last chance we'll ever have to do it with everyone there. I did feel like I was with them in spirit though cuz this past weekend me & some friends went and roasted marshmallows on a campfire and then we off roaded a bit to a remote location and built a bonfire!! It was way fun. We did dumb things like jump on the fire, fill balloons with lighterfluid/propane & throw them on… what was really great was when we put together a whole bouquet of fire balloons and threw that on.. HOLY cow. Awesome. I actually caught when I was on though! Like if you were to look at my pants you can see where theyre singed a bit hahah. I was the one on it the longest.. Everyone thought I was crazy.. but I know they're just jealous they can't be hardcore like me. And I know you're having a stroke right now mother but its okay I'm still alive.


































Jack be nimble.. jack be quick.. jack jump over the gigantic bonfire..








































Then the next day I went to Sadie Hawkins with one of my roommates, Myra, and two guys, JP & Alex. I was with Alex. We love their get up..
































































































































We went to Applebees (the only real sitdown restaurant in Rexburg). During our dinner this kid turned around and just stared at Myra and she couldn't handle it haha. she couldnt ignore it it was funny. Then mom notices he's looking over here and we all laugh then the kid turns around and he's like "Mom.. there's a LADY over there!" hahah just the way he said it was so funny.





Then on to the dance. It was fun, but I felt like everyone could dance better than me. I was just awkward haha. Love it. I didn't realize it was a costume thing or else we totally woulda gone all out. Sad day.. Hopefully they'll have one next semester. My faves were the Ninja Turtle group, and Peter Pan/Tinkerbell. Way cute.
























Then we went to Cold stone – mmm I hadn’t had ice cream in so long, I DOWNED that thing – I got a waffle cup with mint & cookie dough ice cream in it. YUM. This was followed by our ‘Photography Scavenger Hunt’, which is where you’re given a list of words and you have to go take a picture that embodies those words. Examples of some of our favorites are following. We had to get kind of creative cuz most of them we took on-campus, but it turned out the campus was closed! Haha but we got some pretty cool ones. It was pretty awesome cuz we were racing and I was running in heels, not only that, but I was running in heels FASTER than Alex. Look at me go! Hahah. BUT then my breathing problem kicked in and ruined my glory haha. We ended up winning, although we were slightly late.

AQUATIC:


















DESOLATE:
(we thought this turned out way cool.. he's on snow right now but it kinda looks like an ocean, don't you think? I'm sad the skyline didn't capture.. there's nothing out there, just solid white and it's a pretty cool sight)














NATURAL (yes I climbed that tree in a dress AND heels!):

















CREEPY:











ADVENTUROUS:
















SAD (haha don't I look like I'm crying?):


















ATHLETIC:


















SUPER:






















ANCIENT:

















SCHOLARLY:
(Alex wore my glasses.. and he could NOT see two feet in front of him. I'm freaking blind)









ROMANTIC:

haha it turns out that we both did ours in front of the temple. Why? because that's where EVERYONE get's engaged.








Yup well that was pretty much it. Other than that, we've just been chillin at the apt.. we went to a hip hop class wednesday.. we learned a dance to 'Apologize'. Then we went to the ab workshop - that thing is INTENSE. I'm gonna start going twice a week. Inga, Alexis, and KJ are still hurtin pretty badly.








And then of course I finally got my hair fixed. I like it:































Alexis being cool:




















AND here's our Happy Easter photo:


You wish you were awesome like us.

Sorry I posted so late. Oh btw, I found out my page is best viewed through Moxilla Firefox. It gets messed up with Explorer and other browsers.

Anyways. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I am a little freaked out by your, shall I say, stupidity with the fire!! How many times have you been to camp and how many more times have you been camping--HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING???? JK, but you really need to be careful and not tempt fate. Need I remind you of your uncle's lesson about fire???

I love your pics and hearing all about your wild night! Please send me more details on the scavenger hunt--who created it, what the rules were, etc....Couldn't it be used for a church activity???

Your hair looks really cute--post some more pics so I can see it all--the back, etc... Take special care of it, too, so hopefully you can repair the damage that was done....You have thrown away all the hair products you had when you first noticed the smell/problem, right? If not, please do. I know you really want it all in the past.

This week has been crazy--lots of piano/practicing (yes, you read that correctly--remember what that is?) Tomorrow I play at U of H for a voice competition and then in the evening we have a stake parent meeting for YW camp--here we go again! After that is ice cream and then the General YW Broadcast from SLC. No weekend for me :(

Take care & write as you can--I really do love it---
Mom

Madeline said...

Your hair looks really cute!!!
I hope that the dance was fun. It looks like Alex is less outgoing than you. Is he? So, you are taking workout classes at college? Are they fun. What is offered?
I have a dumb question--Is college SUPER hard? :)
Anyways we missed you at the camping trip. See you later!!!
Madeline