H'ok so--Not too much new is up.. we're all just as weird as ever... Me & Alexis lost place on our room, so now its taking over from the bottom up. Someday that'll get fixed. I've fallen into a routine which includes classes, gym, and home. And then anything extra. Last Saturday, our apartment, some of our FHE brothers, and a group of other people all went to the Romney building and we played 2 games of Capture the Flag, with glowsticks as the flags. We hid ours better the first time and won. The second time, no one won because the other team gave up trying to find ours and we accepted their forfeit. I must give them mad props though, because they put theirs in the perfect spot. They used gum and attached it to one of the 'EXIT' signs - they had a green glowstick. Freakin awesome. The games were pretty intense; I was tackling people and jumping over balconies.. I was fullout sprinting though - goin at my fastest speeds. It's more fun for me patrolling and keeping the jailbirds from getting freed. I caught a good deal of our prisoners. At the end they were all "Holy cow you are FAST! how does someone so small do that?!" and other stuff like that. I was like "Yup I know. I'm pretty much amazing, thats all it is." So that was pretty fun.


The week before you know that we had the Academy Awards - I really did enjoy calling and hanging up with Madeline haha. my roomies said I was mean but I said eh they're used to it, don't worry. haha. I totally dressed up for the Oscars. Later Myra came home and she dressed up too, but I don't have a picture. It was fun. I didn't like Jimmy Stewart or whatever his name is as a host. He was lame. I like Ellen Degeneres, Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, etc much better.
Hmm.. what else.. Inga has a sleepover in our room all the time. Never in my bed though - no, she stays in Alexis' cuz I need mah space. haha. They're so funny. I find it hilarious. A couple nights ago they were ridiculous. They fell asleep on the bathroom floor. I wake up the next day & I'm like 'No way is Alexis awake already.' so I go out to start getting ready and there they. Just sleeping on the floor. Completely monopolizing the space. Oh goodness..Hey while you guys go camping (it's soon, right?) here's something I want you guys to try. Take an orange, and hollow it completely out. Mix cake mix with sprite and pour it into the peel and put it in the fire for around 15 minutes and it will make some good orange cake. I just heard about this today, I really want to try it. Please do it for me. and send pictures of it. Tell the cousins n everyone I miss them when yall go too okay? Cuz I do. It feels so weird having not seen them in over half a year, cuz we missed them at Thankgiving. Sad day.. Anyways. DO IT. and then tell me about camping when yall get back.
& Here's an easy dinner Dan made for me, Inga & Alexis that we tried & was pretty good.
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
4 ingredients:
2 lb bag of tater-tots
1 lb of cooked, seasoned hamburger meat
1 can of 10 3/4 oz of 'great for casseroles' cream of chicken
am cheese
Preheat the oven to whatever it says on the tater tot bag. Get a pan (like the one you use for beggar's stew), put the meat at the bottom, then pour the entire can of cream of chicken in with it and mix it up. Then cover that with the contents of the package of tater-tots. Put it in for however long it says to cook the tater tots on the bag. When its done, take it out, cover it with some cheese and then serve it.
Doesn't look amazing from this picture, but thats cuz it got mashed a little bit when they were putting the leftovers away:
I figured since I just tried something I actually liked, mum should try makin it cuz you're always whining about lack of diversity in what yall eat.

Speaking of Dan, it was his birthday this last week.
Inga made him a big brownie and she was so retarded cuz she put in the candles before it had cooled. Alexis comes in and she's wondering why the candles look so small. Inga takes one out and it turns out they had started to melt within the brownie. Oh my gosh, Inga....

OK so also I was the MC for Broadway Revue. Me and my shiny pants rocked it. I wish I'd thought of using Alexis' camera to film some of the acts.. but I didn't :/
We had some REALLY good ones. Here's the list:
- The Wizard & I - Wicked
- Nothing - A Chorus Line
- A Change in Me - Beauty & the Beast
- The Stepsister's Lament - Cinderella
- Someone Like You - Jekyll & Hyde
- My Strongest Suit - Aida
- Dangerous Game - Jekyll & Hyde
- What is this Feeling? - Wicked
- I Cain't Say No - Oklahoma!
- I'm Here - The Color Purple
- Notice Me Horton - Seussical the Musical
- Where's the Girl - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Joshua Noveck - Showing Off
- Run & Tell That - Hairspray
I was also in charge of making a slideshow to be displayed to the side of the performers with their names/song title/musical on it. A lot of people were impressed with it. I've included a few of the slides I made so yall could see em:
Keishianna for 'I'm Here' was extraordinary - that girl's got soul. She got a standing ovation and she wasn't even at the end. She's definitely making it to the 'Best of' show. For the other one thatll make it I'm not sure.. I think its a three way tossup between I Cain't Say No, Notice Me Horton, and Joshua Noveck. They were all great talents, acted along with singing, and each of em were a hoot. You'da loved em. So cute.
Ok what else... Oh! Last week we had a roller skate activity night for our ward.
They had this thing where you're sposed to dress up as something from a diff time period. Our apt decided to go Toga. I wasn't able to cuz I had a meeting that went through the first half of the activity, but I stole some of Inga's hawaiian leis and I put it in my hair like the Little Caesar guy. I forgot what its called but it was funny. We won 3rd, behind 80s & 60s.
The bishop also skated, although minimally. Here we are with Bishop Meyers, and our Relief Society president (on far left)
Here's me & Inga getting into 'Kung Fu Fighting', and then you can see my superspeed skating:


And then Alexis had us all go on a photoshoot.. and we took all kinds of different ones. This is one of my faves though.

ALRIGHT WELL THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. TTFN - TATA FOR NOW!! SEE YA LATER ALLIGATOR! AFTER WHILE CROCODILE! CIAO! HASTA LUEGO! SEE YA, WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA!











2 comments:
I LOVE your blog and all the pics--PLEASE keep it up!! It's fun seeing and hearing all about what you're doing. Honestly, the roomie stories make me kinda' wish I could go back 4000 decades to when I was there. I had great roommates when I was there....
I love your pics and the slides from the Review--keep 'em coming. As for camping, maybe we can try the orange cake thing--I've actually had those at camp before. I'll let you know....We really are going to miss having you there although you'd probably hate it 'cuz we're going to have to cram the two families into 2 tents. The state park we're going to supposedly is very picky about where you put your tent & we're pretty sure we can only have one tent per site and we only got 2 sites....Anyway, we'll be thinking about you!!
Take care & keep in touch!!
Lotsa' love--
Mom
Ugh! I've had those orange things before. I didn't like them because it was too much orange flavor. Anyways, your Broadway Review show looked really good. I wish that I could have seen it. You did a really good job on the slides. Anyways, I enjoyed our Oscar conversations as well, and yes, I am used to your "mean-ness." Just kidding!!!! I love you and I will miss you when we go camping.
Post a Comment